The world sure is complicated these days!
Most of us don’t really know where our food comes from. We don’t know how the electricity gets to our homes.
How many of us have online friends we’ve never met, but can’t remember the name of the neighbor across the street?
We at Hungry Chicken Homestead here in the city of Colorado Springs want to keep our community cohesive. We do that by doing what backyard farmers do every day.
We raise a little food & buy directly from farmers. We run businesses from our homes. We greet our neighbors. We try to make our world a little bit smaller and easier to understand.
We try to know our neighbors, our community and our food.
Buy local, be local
You are part of the community too! Take advantage of our wonderful Colorado Springs food resources! Click to learn where to find local food, farms & businesses.
- Buy backyard eggs from your neighbors
- Buy food from local farms
- Learn to can or ferment what you can’t eat right now
- Support Colorado Springs independent businesses
Learn about local backyard farms and Colorado Springs businesses!
Become a member of our online community and you’ll get this information for yourself through our free, twice-monthly newsletter. You’ll get:
- seasonal recipes for food that is growing right now,
- stories about the homestead animals,
- profiles of locally owned Colorado farms & businesses and
- listings of Colorado Springs events that you might not find anywhere else, like chicken coop tours, canning workshops and fruit-tree planting classes.
Don’t worry, we won’t share your email information. The chickens would peck us if we did that! And if your own chickens get jealous, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
Sign up now and make your world a little simpler!
“I became aware of HCH a few years ago, when I was at the Indy, and the site continues to provide unique and useful information on Colorado Springs-area growers and food producers.” – Kirk Woundy, Time Capsule Memoirs
“Bonnie is the homestead maven of Colorado Springs and we need to schedule a time for her to visit the farm and to see our operations.” – Ivette Gallegos, Grant Farms
“THANK YOU!! Love the newsletter!! :o)” – Debbie Havens, Academy Mortgage