The world sure is complicated these days!
Most of us don’t really know where our food comes from. We don’t know how the electricity gets to our homes.
How many of us have online friends we’ve never met, but can’t remember the name of the neighbor across the street?
We at Hungry Chicken Homestead here in Colorado Springs do what backyard farmers do every day.
We raise a little food & buy from farmers. We run businesses from our homes. We try to make our world a little bit smaller and easier to understand.
We try to know our neighbors, our community and our food.
We want you to be part of our homestead community
The chickens on the Homestead do this by joyfully running around the backyard and laying local eggs. You can do it by
- buying backyard eggs from your neighbors,
- buying food from local farms
- canning (or fermenting) what you can’t eat right now
- shopping locally and/or running your own small business
We also build our community by actively seeking out locally owned businesses. Whether it’s built in Colorado, mixed in Colorado or grown in Colorado, we want to know about it!
Learn about local backyard farms and Colorado Springs businesses!
Become a member of our community and you’ll get this information for yourself through our free, twice-monthly newsletter. You’ll get:
- seasonal recipes for food that is growing right now,
- stories about the homestead animals,
- profiles of locally owned Colorado farms & businesses and
- listings of Colorado Springs events that you might not find anywhere else, like chicken coop tours, canning workshops and fruit-tree planting classes.
Don’t worry, we won’t share your email information. The chickens would peck us if we did that! And if your own chickens get jealous, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
Sign up now and make your world a little simpler!
“I became aware of HCH a few years ago, when I was at the Indy, and the site continues to provide unique and useful information on Colorado Springs-area growers and food producers.” – Kirk Woundy, Time Capsule Memoirs
“Bonnie is the homestead maven of Colorado Springs and we need to schedule a time for her to visit the farm and to see our operations.” – Ivette Gallegos, Grant Farms
“THANK YOU!! Love the newsletter!! :o)” – Debbie Havens, Academy Mortgage